Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sleep Deprived

As Blake returned to work yesterday I am left to care for Emory by myself during the daytime. I took care of all the nighttime feedings the previous night so he could get some rest. This morning (at 4:45) my little one woke up hungry...I just couldn't do it, Blake got up and got Emory fed and happy just in time for Blake to wake up and get ready for work!

--Sorry honey...I was just exhausted!! Hope you make it through your day and track meet okay.--

I need to plan out the nighttime feeding schedule a little better.

All of the feeding, changing and getting him to sleep can be all consuming...only to do it again. I mean, people tell you but you have no idea until you live it. I've been saying that I feel like the "Time to make the donuts" guy, only it's "Time to feed the baby; I fed the baby".

In this clip you don't see him meeting himself at the door saying "It's time to make the donuts, I made the donuts"














We have had TONS of visitors and are beyond fortunate to have the love and support of so many friends and family. Thank you all!!




Lori is busy coping with her return to school and dealing with questions from people wanting to know how the baby is...how difficult that has to be. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

She made a LOVELY scrapbook for us beginning with the time we first met her. Here are some pictures of a few pages.


What an wonderful gift and such a special thing to be able to share with Emory as he grows up (not to mention all of our friends and family now)! This truly speaks to the generous spirit Lori possesses.


For all of those inquiring minds...Sam and D.J. are adjusting well. Sam is much more interested than D.J. and very sweetly will come and investigate him and give him kisses (we allow them on the back of the head).

1 comment:

Nichole said...

Lori is so sweet. Can't wait till I can make my way over there to see u guys!