Friday, November 7, 2008

Overnight Stay







Here is our first picture of the baby!





Tomorrow morning at 8:00 we fly out to met Lori in person! We are so excited but have barely had an opportunity to think about it over the last week...Blake's last football games were this week. In fact he is at the last high school game as I write this. I would love to have gone but I need to get packed to leave at the crack of dawn tomorrow and work has been VERY hectic for me this week.






My niece Jenny and her husband Joey have graciously agreed to stay here with our doggies. They are awesome! I have to sneak around and not allow the dogs to see our suitcases or they will go nuts. There will be barking. Lots and lots of barking. I am left to lure them outside, shut the door and RUN upstairs to grab our suit cases and stash them in the closet before allowing them back in (as they bark and scratch at the door).






I wanted to take the time to post as I have not had any all week long.






It is customary for the adoptive parents to present the birth mother. One of my friends who recently adopted a precious little girl gave her birth mother a photo album as a promise of the pictures that will come over the life of the child. I really liked that idea but wanted to do something different. I decided to go to James Avery. I got her a charm bracelet. Each year on the baby's birthday or adoption day perhaps, I will send her a new charm to represent what is going on in his life. For the first few years I will choose one for him of course. Then as he becomes old enough to understand I will allow him to choose his own charm to send to her. As I looked for a charm at the store the sales ladies are very helpful. They ask you who the bracelet is for in hopes of helping you to choose the perfect charm. I will admit they were at a bit of a loss to help me in this particular situation. People just don't know what to say or how to respond. One girl even recommended some of the mother charms. Umm yea, I don;t think that would work. The charm I choose to start her bracelet is in the shape of Texas and has a heart cut in the center. It will represent that a piece of her heart will always be in Texas.






I will be sure to update everyone on how it went!! This is the photo that revealed the sex of the baby...arrows and all. I had no idea they were so specific with their labels!!






3 comments:

Nichole said...

OH that is certainly a BOY!! Hope your weekend stay is everything you want it to be.

Francesca said...

I am so excited for you! These months will fly by and your baby will be in your arms in no time! Just remember to take a breath...don't let your nerves get the best of you...relax and cherish these moments! LOVE the sono pics! ;)

Anne said...

Love the charm bracelet idea. Brilliant!