Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Parenthood

It is difficult to believe but Emory has been in this world for 1 week and 1 day. We have been with him, caring for him for a week. I am not sure if it seems a longer or shorter amount of time. We are becoming a family, Emory, Blake and myself. We are awaiting our court date for our official decree of adoption in Lori's home state. We have been and will be staying in hotels and with relatives until our waiting period is complete here.



Lori seems to be doing well. She is focusing on school and her relationship with her boyfriend (who is not Emory's biological father). I selfishly had never considered how all of this must have effected their relationship...her running off to Texas to stay with virtual strangers over Thanksgiving and giving birth to another mans child.

I am so exhausted from early morning feedings, difficulty burping, healing from circumcision, etc. that I really cannot share all of what I am feeling right now. My heart is very full!!

At any rate we have started a web page so our friends and family can look at pictures of Emory while we complete our stay in the state of Babyville.






Enjoy!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Thanks for the update. :) Glad it is going well!

Kim said...

I'm so glad you posted.We can't wait to meet baby Emory! :)

Emily said...

I've been thinking about you a lot recently. Thanks so much for posting.. and Emory, welcome to the world!!